We are very lucky to have a beautiful workshop room as part of our facilities. In the last two years, we have taught new skills to hundreds of people, from learning to crochet to making patchwork quilts. Our latest batch of courses from January to March have been the most popular yet, with many selling out weeks in advance. We are now in a position to expand our range of courses and are looking to take on new tutors from April.
We are particularly searching for tutors in the following areas, however we are very happy to consider other options, just get in touch:
- Felting – needle or wet
- Intermediate and advanced knitting skills such as colour work, finishing techniques or beading
- Hand embroidery or sewing techniques
- Spinning for beginners
- Textile art
- Classes for children in textile based crafts
You can see the type of courses we currently offer via the workshop tab or in our online store here. We try and offer classes in the form of one off sessions where participants leave with either a fully finished product or the skills to finish it at home.
We can offer you:
- A fully equipped workroom to teach in
- Competitive rates of pay on a self employed basis
- Small group sizes, a maximum of 5 for machine sewing and 6 for other crafts
- Extensive promotion of the classes online and in store
- Classes timetabled to suit you although we are unable to offer evening workshops due to the garden centre opening hours
Previous teaching experience is not necessarily required, just a passion for your subject and a desire to share that with others.
If you are interested or would like more details, drop me an email to email@example.com