Our Summer KAL kicked off officially yesterday – are you taking part? You can find more details on how to take part and the great prizes you can win in this blog post. If you would like to get involved but don’t know what project to choose, today I’m going to feature a range of Bergere de France patterns that are available for free. You can either download them and print at home or pop in and we can print a copy for you. Plus, if you say you are using one of these patterns for the knit along, we will still give you 10% off your yarn.
Clockwise from top left:
- Jacquard Sweater – This simple pullover with optional intarsia insect motif is knitted in Ecoton, a blend of cotton and acrylic making it cool enough for the summer and also great for those who find wool too harsh for next to skin wear. It is sized from 4 – 8 years.
- Wide Stap Vest – A sleeveless woman’s vest knitted using just garter and stocking stitch with simple shaping making it perfect for beginners. Sized from XS-XL it uses just 3 or 4 balls of Caline.
- Complete Outfit – Top and shorts for age 0 – 6 months knitted in Coton Fifty with Ecoton detailing. A quick, easy summer knit, the top is fastened with press studs at the back making it practical too.
If you want to do some selfish knitting, how about one of these tops?
- Alaska Sweater – A clever construction means that this jumper is knitted in one piece then folded and seamed along the underarms and down the sides. It uses just stocking stitch, garter stitch and 2/2 rib and would look great worked all in one colour as well as with the contrast yoke shown.
- Top Down Sweater – This cardigan with cable detailing is knitted from the top down giving you the option to adjust the length as you go. This method of construction also minimises the amount of finishing, great if you hate sewing seams!
We have 2 cabled children outfits for ages 6-12 if you fancy something more challenging.
These are available in one file. Both are knitted in machine washable wool/acrylic mixes and will be warm and snuggly for the autumn.
Then there are the baby patterns. I’ve always loved the stylish baby patterns that Bergere de France produce and it’s great that they have made a selection available for free. All of these but the owl outfit, which goes from birth to 12 months, are sized up to 24 months.
Clockwise from top left:
- Jacket – This jacket is knitted in Alaska yarn using a textured and eye catching broken rib stitch. It has a fun pointed hood and functional pockets, great for hiding little treasures.
- Striped Jacket – An easy cardigan knitted in Caline, a machine washable wool/acrylic blend, and with over 20 colours to choose from, you can have fun selecting your stripes. Why not have a whole rainbow?
- Owl Outfit – This outfit has it all – a jumper, mittens, hat and bootees all featuring a cabled owl motif. Owls are always popular and this is a great way to show them off. Knit the complete set or just one item, it’s up to you.
- Cape – Every superhero needs a cape and this one is knitted in Alaska with chunky cables running down the front and arms. If you don’t feel ready to tackle cables, just knit in stocking stitch for a simple version.
Hopefully something here has inspired you to get involved. If you haven’t seen the perfect pattern, pop in and browse the pattern books. There’s a huge range of designs and styles for all ages.